Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Don't Pass Me By.

Well, I guess we've realized by now that I'm not one of those blog-every-day types, or even a blog-every-week kinda guy. I've accepted that now. I've accepted that as much as I want to be so productive, I tend to start off with a burst of energy and eventually wind up stirring on the back-burner. It's not that I don't finish what I start, it's just that I have the ability to very quickly become less... well.. enthusiastic. Especially when it comes to writing. As fun as it can be, writer's block is always just around the corner, and it can be very discouraging. Anyway, you don't have to worry about being left hanging in mid-air. It will all come together someday. I'll settle in and we'll have some fun.

Now in case you're wondering(and if you care at all), I didn't forget about this thing over the past few weeks. I really wanted to keep writing. It's just that I haven't found much to write about lately. I mean, I've had ideas. My writer's block hasn't had much to do with it, either. I start new drafts all the time, it's a little ridiculous, but my mind has been consumed by studying. Nothing really gets fleshed out. I read every day, some days more than others. And when I'm not studying, I feel like I should be, and then I can't concentrate on anything else. In terms of keeping up a life outside of school, it's pretty much a lose-lose situation. I promise to keep this up though. I have a few ideas I'm kicking around. Are you excited?

As for where this blog is heading in the long run, who knows. Right now I think it's more for me to just procrastinate and/or vent when I feel like venting, tell stories when I feel like story-telling... or to just write when I feel like writing what happens to be on my mind. It's just a therapy session. You're a fly on the wall. Or maybe you're my therapist..? I kind of like that idea. It seems slightly less crazy than me just talking to myself.

-AM

1 comment:

Medic61 said...

I know it's been ages since you've posted, but just wanted you to know that I look forward to any posts you may decide to write :)