Sunday, May 3, 2009

Another One Down.

Well I've passed PHTLS. It was a pretty intense and stressful couple of days, especially after 99% of the class failed the pre-test! But it's done. As far as I know most of the class made it through.

Now, I'm moving onto preceptorship. Starts Monday morning. 6am. I'm definitely a little nervous, because I don't quite know what to expect, in terms of what I'll be doing for the first week or so. I'm not quite ready to lead a call so I might have to observe and get into the swing of things first. Running a call on a sick human being is a hell of a lot different than goofing around in class with a mannequin. I've got the basics down, which was the whole point, but when you have someone in front of you who can hardly breathe... well, "stressful" would be an understatement.

I hear my preceptor is a good guy, though, so as long as he understands that I'm nervous, and doesn't mind answering endless streams of questions then I think we'll get along fine. This is a huge step... here goes.

*************************************

Oh, and here's another cool video for you.

Autumn Story by Firekites



Another stop-motion clip. We all know how hard it is to erase a chalk board and keep it clean. What I love about this video is that they used it to their advantage. After each frame they erase the previous image, leaving a faded outline of it behind the new one. Oh, and I love the teeth falling down to become a house.

Speak soon...

-AM


things fall apart

1 comment:

Justin said...

I dont even want to think about who had the time to do all that, but it was pretty sweet.