Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dear Fredericton.

Please fix the f%#&ing sidewalks in your city. I'm serious.

I, along with every other pedestrian in the city, am forced to walk on the road because the sidewalks are either too icy, or they just aren't there. I have to walk up Regent Street with cars whizzing past me going God-knows how fast. I can feel the side mirrors flying past my arm, but I still feel safer than I do on the sidewalk. Or as I call it (brace yourself...), the "suicide-walk". Yes, I said it.

I know I sound like a cranky old man, but I mean seriously. I was walking back from Sobey's and almost bought the farm when I slipped on the ice(sloping down toward the street, no less) just as an Acadian bus was going by.

Anyway, I've had enough. I just got in and this was fresh in my mind. I'll let them know. Good day.

-AM

slip-slidin' away

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is seriously what my roomates and I complain about the most in our house!

Fredericton is REDONKULOUS!

I'm pretty sure pedestrians account for like 75% of the population, especially with the students from St. Thomas and UNB.
Get a clue Freddy Government! Plow the damn sidewalks! It's totally suicide-walk up AND down the hill!