Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I might be a cat.

So the other day I was down at Thinkplay, which is our little science-y toy shop here in town. I found this box beside the cash which looked to me like those Chinese finger-traps you see around. The ones where you stick one finger in each end and then can't pull them out? Basically just a spongy, plastic mesh tube. So I'm playing with this while people mill around beside me, I'm trying to stick my fingers in each end as far as I can to get them caught. You might think that this story ends with me getting caught in a finger trap. No. After about 5 minutes playing with this toy I get bored and throw it back into the box, when I see the sign above showing a cat chasing around the object I was just playing with. Apparently it is just a spring-loaded tube that cats chase around the house. All this time the cashier is watching me try to wear a cat's toy on my hands. Great. That's my cue to leave.

-AM

1 comment:

BethRVT said...

I want one for my cat.